Warranty and safety standards
Wild River Timber flooring is provided with a 7 Year structural warranty from the date of original purchase. This warranty, to the original purchaser only warrants that the product will not delaminate, warp or twist subject to the conditions of the warranty and exclusions throughout. The planks must be inspected prior to installation, and any planks deemed not fit for service should not be installed and will not be covered by the warranty. Due to the variable climate conditions within Australia, planks may display slight bowing and twisting once removed from packaging, however this is not considered a structural defect unless the planks cannot be assembled after an adequate period of acclimatization.
After installation, certain cupping, doming and gapping issues could be considered site related issues and will not be covered by this warranty. The structural warranty is subject to the conditions of the warranty and general exclusions throughout.
Wild River Timber flooring is provided with a 25 year limited residential wear warranty and a 5 year limited commercial wear warranty that guarantees that the surface will not wear through during this warranted period, under normal domestic conditions of use. Areas less than 10% of the surface area that could be related to high traffic wear or incidental damage will not be covered by the warranty provisions. Gloss reduction, indentations and scratches caused by regular traffic are not considered wear through.
Conditions of the structural warranty
- The flooring system must be installed by an accredited flooring installer in accordance with Wild River installation instructions.
- With Glue-down installations the sub-floor must be level as per AS 1884 – 1985 section 2.1 & 2.2 or relevant new standards. In these instances the underlay or adhesives must be of reasonable quality.
- If being installed over bearers and joists the exposed underside of the floor must be treated prior to application with a suitable moisture sealer of reasonable commercial quality directly onto the underside of the board.
- The warranty does not cover damage caused intentionally, recklessly, negligently or by accident.
- Wild River floors are made from timber and may contain variations in colour and grain. Exposure to sunlight may also cause colour variation, as may partial exposure due to placement of rugs, mats, furniture etc. No warranty is offered against these natural characteristics.
- The warranty is available to the original purchaser only and for the original installation. It is not transferable or assignable and will expire upon the sale or relocation of the installed product or the installation location. In new developments where a builder or developer makes the purchase, the new owner of the dwelling must contact the original installer within 60 days of the property transfer of title to obtain their floor warranty.
- Apart from the warranties implied by the Trade Practises Act 1974 (Cth) as amended from time to time all other warranties express or implied whether arising by virtue of statute or otherwise are excluded.
- This warranty shall not apply where the product is laid in “wet areas” such as
bathrooms and laundries.
- This warranty shall not apply where the product is used other than for domestic or household application.
- Under-floor heating – This warranty covers under-floor heating applications
provided the sub-floor temperature does not exceed 25 degrees Celsius during the life of the floor and that the relative humidity levels are maintained at between 35% and 55%. Any Wild River Timber Floor that is installed over underfloor heating requires oiling every 12 months to be covered under warranty
- Air conditioning – This warranty covers air conditioning use provided the relative humidity levels are maintained at between 35% and 55%. This excludes evaporative cooling
- Except for costs incurred by the seller in repairing or replacing the floors or by refunding the purchase price, Wild River Timbers will not be liable for any loss and damage suffered by the purchaser including but not limited to the costs of alternative accommodation, the cost of furniture removal, legal costs or damages for physical inconvenience.
This warranty does not cover damage to the floor caused by such things as:-
- Water damage caused by flooding or rainwater runoff as a result of a storm or other acts of God.
- Water damage from bursting, leaking, discharging or overflowing water or liquids at the installation location.
- Use of steam mops or unauthorized cleaning products such as ammonia based cleaning products.
- Spillage of corrosive, chemical or other substances.
- Failure to clean and maintain the floor in accordance with the guide set out above. (Wild River Flooring, Care & Maintenance Guide)
- Damage caused by insufficient protection from furniture.
- Damage caused by items such as stiletto or spiked heeled shoes.
- Damage caused by pets.
- Faulty or defective workmanship on the part of the installer. This includes areas that are not glued adequately.
- Not being installed as outlined in the current installation instructions.
- Noises (squeaks etc) associated with anything other than the manufacture of the flooring.
- Damage caused by sun or its UV rays.
- Failure to use Whittle Waxes floor soap and oil.
+613 5972 1111
61-63 Access Way
Carrum Downs 3201